Monday, October 12, 2009

Lake Powell 09'

Forgive me for having to post all these pictures in a dozen different posts but, I posted them off of picasa and I cant for the life of me figure out how to put them all in one post.

Friday we decided last minute to go to Lake Powell, we hadn't been this year and we usually go at least once a year. We were a little worried about the weather but, we decided to chance it. I am so happy we did! We had a blast, it was perfect. Sunday was a little windy but not bad at all. It was a fast trip, too fast, we mainly went down to look at a houseboat we are thinking about buying into. Looks like we are going to go with it!! Hopefully next year we will be able to make it down a few times!! This week we are going to accept the fact that it is getting cold. We will be winterizing our boat and putting all of our summer fun, clothes, toys etc. away. BOOOHOOO! I am SO not ready for this! I look forward to all of the Holidays coming up and all the time we will be able to have together (meaning we will have NO choice but to be locked up in this house together!!) and not having so much planned on our schedule. However I am not looking forward to taking an hour getting ready to go outside only to go out for 5 min. and come running back into the house. Or having to warm up the car to go anywhere and praying the whole way there that some idiot doesn't come plowing into you due to the bad weather. Or even worse... that your the idiot that plows into someone else!! I just don't like all the preparation you have to go into the cold weather. I don't like the COLD! Ugh... Here I go again. I think I have this very same post, word for word last year around this time.
Anyway.... We had a lot of fun and this winter should be a BALL!! (note the sarcasm)

2 comments:

bella utahan said...

I love powell!!! It is so beautiful this time of year!

Teresa said...

we love all of the pictures! But no pics of the house boat. Maybe I will get to see it in person.
Give the kids kisses for us. I think its been 2 weeks since we have seen them!