Monday, January 23, 2012

A New Year In C.A.

What better way to ring in the new year than to spend it with family at Disneyland?! Let me just start by saying that if you think Disneyland is the "happiest place on earth", you're probably not going to like what I have to say...
First off, I think we chose the absolute worst week of the entire year to go. Disneyland reached it's maximum capacity on the day we went!! I didn't know they could do that, I thought they would just keep selling tickets and stuffing you in like sardines?! We never rode the Indiana Jones ride, I wasn't about to wait 180 minutes. Here we are building up the excitement for our kids for MONTHS and we make the 2 day drive, only to arrive and stand in line for over an hour to ride the freakin' TEA CUPS! A 2 minute ride, if that. My kids hated it, we were miserable and all we wanted to do was get out of that chaotic mess. I felt like I was yelling at my kids constantly not to touch things, get off the floor, run or we are going to miss this or that, stay by me, don't run away, yada yada yada!! Not to mention it costs a fortune for a family of 6 to go so you better tough it out and get your monies worth!









Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa!











Did I mention I made my girls wear leashes to top it all off?!























The best part about this trip was when we weren't at Disneyland. When we got to relax and enjoy the time together. We got to spend time with the whole Royce side of the family and play with our cousins! That made this whole trip worth it, we loved every minute of it.














At the beach you can run! You can roll on the ground, you can get dirty, touch everything, lay down, read a book, play in the sand! No yelling, no stress, just good fun. And guess what? It's free.
























































































































































































I'm not sure if we will ever do Disneyland again? I guess we will see in another 5 years or so. This is the second time we have taken our kids and it seems to get crazier every time we go. But one thing I do know is we will be going to back to the beach, over and over again.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love your beach pics! I think the only ones I have from this trip are on my phone. Good times. BTW, you have one of my favorite hymns playing on here (Come Thou Fount).