Wednesday, February 17, 2010

These days...

Both of my babies took 1st place!!!!

These last couple of weeks I feel like I have been working double time?? It may have to do with the fact that 2 weeks ago Rory raced in his first BMX race and wrecked, he ended up tearing his rotator cuff! Poor guy, he is in quite a bit of pain these days and still has to work all day lifting things with one good arm. He is not allowed to lift or even take his arm out of the sling until this weekend and even then he is not supposed to lift anything for a while. Too bad he isn't taking doctors orders. He has been better than I thought he would be but still not 100%. So I have been the one taking care of the kids most of the time, I know he is usually in pain when he gets home from work and the last thing he wants is all the kiddos jumping all over him. Things seem so much more hectic lately too! Ava has suddenly decided she doesn't want to sleep at night?? She wakes up every couple of hours, she doesn't cry every time but she talks and jibber jabbers to herself which I usually think is pretty cute but not at 2 am. I would love nothing more than to take her out of our room and put her in her own... except that we don't have a room to put her in!? I do have a plan, I just don't know how well it is going to play out. Soon Rory will make the 2 older girls a VERY cute bunk bed I have drawn up, then they will share Chanel's room. Only thing is Rori Ana doesn't do very well in an open bed, she is in and out and wont take her naps. She screams the whole time and it takes so much and so long to get her to bed. I'm hoping things will change if Chanel is in the room with her but I'm doubting it. So, what do I do with Nelly? I cant have her being kept up all night? If I have to I will put her in bed with Jameson, but every time I let those 2 sleep together they wake up around 6?! Not to mention while all this is going on Ava will probably throw a total fit because she is in a new bed and out of my room. She will also be crying throughout the night because she needs to learn to sleep all night. I am just not sure about all this?!?! If I could I would just sell my house and buy one with enough bedrooms for everyone!! Unfortunately that is out of the question. SOOOOO I will just keep my eye on the prize, I will not be sleeping for a while but in the end it should all pay off. Right?? Other than this dilemma I have, nothing much has been happening. We have been enjoying what little sunshine we have been getting these past few days. Trying to keep ourselves busy with races, family and other things and looking forward to the warm weather to come. Here are some random pictures from the past few weeks...

Playing in the fog!!

For fun we decided to put bubbles in the hot tub!! It was hilarious!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! Love the bubbles in the Hot tub idea! I bet they loved it! Crap! That sucks that little Ava is waking up in the night. Livi went thru that phase. But it ended when we put her in her own room! Love the "plan" you have! Can't wait to see the bunk bed Rory makes! :)
Miss you guys!

bella utahan said...

I can relate with having a baby in your room, I wish we had enough rooms for each of us too! Hang in there! Looks like you are having fun in the meantime with little sleep!

Teresa said...

you could always send one to my house for a sleep over.....

Unknown said...

Jennine and Rory-

I am very proud of you both and my precious great grand babies. You both have added a most beautiful branch to our family tree.

Love you always,

Grandma P