Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Girl Turns Two



On July 15th my littlest baby turned two. I don't know that I will ever be able to understand how fast time really goes by. Ever since the day I laid eyes on this sweet baby she has reminded me of a little bird and it seems like all of a sudden my little bird is starting to spread her scrawny little wings! She is talking a ton now, she mimics everything from the microwave to the washer and dryer (she can make the funniest noises), she follows her big sisters everywhere and keeps up amazingly well. She is so friendly, kind and loving and yet has the shortest fuse of all of my children. She is a bit on the whiny side and is always needing something even though we all know she can do it herself, but because she is the baby of the family we all jump at her commands. Not only am I creating the tiniest monster to walk this earth but I find that we all are, the other kids, even people that hardly know her! She will ask someone for something or to do something and its like there is NO WAY you can look down at this little, skinny, squeaky baby girl with BIG hair and GIGANTIC eyes and not jump up and bow down at her every request. And she knows this all too well, she has a lot of people in love with her and everyone wrapped around her tiny finger.

For her birthday we had a party with close family and friends. It was small, quiet and relaxing. Ava loved every minute of it! You could tell she knew this whole party was JUST FOR HER! She loved everything! Her little blow up house, her pink balloons, her hello kitty table cloth that she picked out, her gold pinata she got at the store that day and her strawberry shortcake cake she picked. It was fun to see her running around having so much fun! She was so funny when she would open up her gifts, she acted so surprised with every one and would squeal and "oooooh" and "aaaaaahhh" at everything she got!


She did not like her new baby cousin taking her toys already! She had a problem with this!!



There, that's better!








We had a wonderful time and Ava Lyn enjoyed every minute of it! It is so sad to me that my youngest is already 2! But I am loving watching her grow and getting just a glimpse of the way she sees the world through those big beautiful eyes. Ava Lyn was the icing on our family cake or maybe more like the sprinkles.


No comments: