Friday, January 30, 2009

Louie & My ONE eyed Lilly!!!



Sorry I haven't posted in a while!! I have just been so busy!!! So... You did read the title right, a couple days ago my babies opened their eyes! First Louie and he looks so cute! Its so fun to see there little beady eyes trying so hard to focus in on me. I love it!! The next morning Lilly opened hers. I had worried about her eye for a while but the vet told me to stop stressing myself out and she is fine. Well, she had just a little slit open on her left eye (the one I was worried about) and so I took just a little peek and sure enough, just as I thought... it was empty. I almost started to cry but for some reason she was still just the prettiest little baby I always thought she was. I then told myself I didn't care as long as she would be okay. Then shortly after her right eye opened, and there it was... a perfect little eye! So I feel better now, at least she will be able to still see with the one and get around just fine. I then had the task of calling her soon to be mommy Amber to tell her the news. I was so worried that she wouldn't want to have a one eyed little dog, not that I would blame her!!! I don't think I would still buy a dog if it was missing AN EYEBALL!!! But I also knew that Amber was a very understanding and loving person so she probably wouldn't care, and she didn't! She will still be going to live with her new mommy Amber in about a month! So now Lilly is back on antibiotics (she was on it before because she had a little case of pneumonia). Later on when she gets a little bit older she will have to have her eye sewed shut just to prevent any infection and to keep stuff from getting in there. She will still be a healthy little dog, she is just missing an eye. I asked the vet why and he said probably just because she was just so small! Just like children are born with defects so are puppies and there is never really a good explanation for it. Its just the way it is. I still love her to pieces! And to me she is still the cutest little thing ever! As for Louie, well he is HUGE!!! Lilly only weighs about 5 oz right now, Louie is a whopping 10.5 oz!!! He looks like a little rottweiler!!! I have started making my own puppy formula because it is supposed to much easier for them to digest and put on a lot more weight. They don't have puppy formula down like they do baby formula. So now I mix them up a concoction of goats milk, whole plain yogurt, Karo syrup, mayo, liquid vitamins & egg yolks. They love it!! So Louie will just get bigger!! And hopefully his little sister will catch up soon. They are now going 3 1/2 hrs without eating at night and still eating every 2 hrs during the day. I never imagined this would be so much work!!!! But in a couple of weeks they will be able to drink their milk from a bowl so I wont be bottle feeding them as often. It should start to get easier soon. Here are a few pictures of our little babies!!! They will be 3 weeks on Monday!!! They made it!!!

This is Louie smiling for the camera!!



And this is Lilly's good eye!


She wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a good head on picture!

Her other eye.
She is still such a cute little thing!!
This is where they spend most of their day. They love it!!

















3 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Oh my goodness...those puppies are the cutest little things ever!! Even the puppy with one eye..so adorable! Oh by the way, I love the picture of the puppy down your shirt...so funny!

Amber said...

We love these little puppies! I can't wait for Lily to come live with us. You will never know how grateful we are to you for taking such gentle, loving, dedicated care of her! Oh yes and allowing us to have her!
We don't care about her eye at all, it just adds to her little personality, and actually she fits in with our family even more...none of us are "normal". LOL
Little Louie looks like a giant next to his sister, but oh he is so cute!
Fun stuff!

Julie said...

They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!! I need to come see them! What the heck! It seems like forever since I saw them last! Lily looks bigger! Oh she is adorable! And Louie is a little monster! He is so much bigger!
I love that you showed the pic of them hangin' out in yer cleave!!
So next time Brady comes up to you and says "Hey Jennine, show me those puppies!" You know he will be ONLY talking about the puppies!! ....right?