Friday, April 16, 2010

9 month and 2 year statistics...

Rori Ana went in for her 2 year check up!! I cant believe she is going to be 2 soon?! How did that happen so fast? She is getting so big and so smart. She decided a couple weeks ago that she didn't want to go pee and poo in the potty anymore. She thinks its much easier to run and play AND pee and poo at the same time!! So we are back to potty training and she is doing better and better every day. I was going to start keeping a log on here called 'Where Rori thought it would be fun to poo today' but then I decided that I better not. Nobody will ever want to step foot into my house again. She is talking more and more, not everyone hears her because she too got the raspy little Royce voice but if you listen closely and she feels like your worth talking to she does have a lot to say. She is by FAR my most stuck up child, she wont even give you a fake smile if she doesn't feel like it or if she decides she doesn't like you that day. And if someone tries to talk to her and she doesn't want to she will simply look right passed you as if you don't even exist. But I promise this girl is as sweet as sugar when she wants to be!
Rori is 26 lbs which puts her in the 58% for weight and 35 inches tall and in the 85% for her height!! I know she didn't get her height from me or my side of the family. I'm pretty sure all my kids will have passed me up by the time they hit 10 yrs old.





Ava Lyn went in for her 9 month check up too! She too is getting big, not very big but bigger than what she was. She is still very small for her age and developing at her own little pace but she is the sweetest little thing ever!!! She is not as far along as we would like for her to be so we may need to seek early intervention, but I know that she will get there when she is ready. She seems to do things a little backwards, she came out early because that was when she decided to come and now she will take things slow and enjoy being the baby of the family. She is still so patient and NEVER, EVER cries. She loves playing with her older siblings and being involved in everything. Shes obsessed with paper and balloons, I think that is the only way to make her cry is by taking those 2 things away from her. She looks like a bird to me with her big eyes and crazy, feathery hair and she is constantly bouncing and flapping her little wings. She even sounds like a little bird, she has a very raspy (again with the Royce voice) but squeaky, quiet little voice. And she eats like a bird, she wont sit down and eat a full meal but she snacks and picks at her food ALL day. Her laugh is so contagious because she squawks and grunts when she laughs and she will give anyone a big smile and a little giggle. She is such a joy to be around and everyone comments on how happy she is.
Ava weighed in at only 15 lbs which puts her in the 6% for weight and she is 27 inches long and in the 44% for height. She is going to be tall and skinny! Like I said, she is still very small but she is doing better, the highest she has been in is 3rd percentile since she was born so really we have doubled!!! Right? Its okay, with her being our last we are in NO hurry.

No comments: