Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been an interesting week to say the least...

Our week started out like most other busy weeks. Jameson did GREAT at his soccer game, he really loves it. Every year he improves and gets a little more aggressive and scores more goals...


Then Nelly had a field trip at the Thanksgiving Point farm, we took the whole family and everyone had a lot of fun! Especially Chanel, she LOVES school!



There were LOTS of cute baby animals! Spring has sprung!

Then Ava got a fever... It actually started on Sat. it was a low fever of about 99 then by Mon it was at 103 or MORE?! I couldn't figure it out? She didn't even have so much as a runny nose? No teeth coming in, no sensitive gums. Nothing. I had no clue what it was but it wouldn't let up, we tried everything. Cool baths, Tylenol, Motrin, cold rags, ice cream etc. etc. etc. So I decided to take her in to see the doctor. They came up with nothing except one possibility... Roseola Virus. Sure enough today she broke out into little red bumps all over her body. But her fever is gone and she is happy as a clam all over again! Good thing about Roseola is it is not contagious and you get nothing but a fever and then this...

I couldn't get a really good picture of them.


Last week Rory thought it would be SO FUN to put up a zip line in our backyard. I fought this one, I really did. I told him no, I asked him nicely not to, I even yelled at him a few times. All he kept saying was to quit worrying so much and it would be fine! He put it up (sneakily I might add) and that was that. The kids of course loved it! We had people stopping and staring into our backyard all day every day. You could hear all the envious comments from every kid that saw it, wishing they could have one. I thought maybe I had over reacted. Everyone loved it and thought it was a wonderful idea... I didn't. On my way to the hospital with Ava I got a call from my mother who was babysitting the kids. I could hear the panic and terror in her voice when she asked me to come back. Chanel had fallen off the zip line, face first about 4-5 ft. on to some big rocks. I too started to panic, I raced home going about 90 mph. in a 40 the whole way! I was expecting the worse, I thought if one of her little bones weren't broken her face is surely hamburger. I was SOOOOOOO relieved when I got there 5 min. later (record time) to find she only had one good cut on her forehead...




She was so tough and she handled all like a champ. I am so proud of how my kids handle themselves whenever something like this happens, they stay so calm and so grown up. Actually the doctors say they act better then the grown ups they get in there!!

She kept peeking out when they were doing the stitches.


And here she is!! All sewn up and better! Her cut was so deep they had to do 2 layers of stitches, 1 to stitch up the tissue that surrounds the skull and one to stitch up the skin. All together she got 5. Needless to say the zip line is coming down!! You know how when your right you hate to say "I told you so" But at the same time you want to yell it in their face?! Well, that's how I felt. Rory got in very big trouble and I put my foot down! Now I'm the bad guy and I have lots of kids mad at me right now. But I will not take this chance again. We are really so lucky to have walked away from this with so little damage.
Sorry, I didnt get pictures of the zip line when it was up and running.
Then next day I was in such a hurry to get the kids to school and everything that I backed up out of our driveway (not looking behind me good enough) and I backed right into my MOMS car!!! As if this week couldn't get any worse. So now I will be paying to fix the damage done to both our vehicles. Now Rory can yell in my face "I told you so".
So what do you do when you have had such an insane week, and its only Tuesday? Well, you get something that gives you warm fuzzies inside and always makes you smile.

Say hello to Ziggie!
(he's the one on your left with 4 legs)

Our newest member of the Royce Family, he is so cute and fun! He makes us all happy! And you should have seen the face on Rory when I SURPRISED him with a puppy after he got home from work! Priceless, really.


5 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

Oh my Gosh! You didn't take long. I can't believe you got another dog. He's very cute! I hope he doesn't take after Tweeders bad influence and poop on my front porch when it snows. I can't wait to meet him.

bella utahan said...

That was a crazy week for you! YOu know here there are a few babies I know that have had the same thing as Ava. I guess it can be common among that age. Next week will be better, really how much worse could it get??

Kristi said...

All I can say is that I wish you wouldn't blast your music in the car. I hope you learned your lesson.

Julie said...

Ahh! Ziggie is adorable! You have had a major crazy last 2 weeks! I feel so bad for poor Nelly!!! Can't wait to meet your new family member, Ziggie! And...NO WAY!!!...you are so smart to have rules with the zipline! What a fun thing though!!! Only RORY!!!

Robison's said...

Holy Moly girl! You did have an insane week. Glad Chanel is alright. That would be so frickin scary. Sorry about the crazy week, but I'm sure it will all turn around. Miss you guys! Gorgeous fam!