Wednesday, March 16, 2011

M.I.C.K.E.Y M.O.U.S.E!!!!

Lately Rory and I have started to take each one of the kids to do something special. They get to choose pretty much whatever they want to do as long as its within reason, James asked to go sky diving... not going to happen. They get to go without any other siblings and can bring 1 friend if they choose to. Last weekend I got to take Rori Ana out for her special day. She had been watching TV and saw a commercial for the Disney on Ice coming that weekend. Every time she saw it she would scream at the top of her lungs, in the squeakiest voice possible MIIIICCKKEEYYY!! So daddy, being the wonderful man he is, got me and Rori Ana FRONT ROW tickets to see Mickey Mouse and the rest of the Disney characters! When we got there we were running a little late and they couldn't find our tickets in will call so I was running from counter to counter dragging Rori around. She loved it, I think it just got her that much more excited! She had no idea what she was in store for, all she knew was that Mickey was going to be there and that's all she cared about. The whole time she kept saying "I'm going to see MICKEY!!!" to anyone that walked by. Finally when they found our tickets we RAN upstairs and to our seats just in time to see Mickey make his first appearance! I don't know that I have ever seen my little Rori Ana in such a tizzy! She was waving and screaming like her life depended on it!! I think she was so loud that Mickey actually hear her because he came right over and started waving and blowing kisses right in front of her. You would have thought this little girl was going to faint with excitement. She was completely thrilled!! So there we sat through the first half of the show just oooohhhing and awwwing at all the fun tricks and all the beautiful princesses. Then it was half time, so we went out to go get a drink and some popcorn. Well, this is where it gets a little crazy. There I was ordering the popcorn and they guy accidentally over charged me so while he was trying to fix it Rori is jabbing me in my thigh telling me we have to go back to see Mickey and I kept saying wait and wasn't really paying much attention because I was trying to figure this popcorn thing out when all of a sudden it hit me that there were no more jabs hitting my legs... Rori Ana was gone. I practically yelled at the guy and told him to figure it out and I would be back and just started running, frantically running, in a total panic. This place does a big circle so I wasn't sure which way to run but I just went. After about 5 minutes with no luck and me sweating already and starting to REALLY panic I decided it would be best if I had some help. I ran to the first security person and told them I had lost my little girl. After a minute of me describing Rori in detail, right down to her little bracelet she was wearing they had it all over all their radios that she was lost. While I was describing her I completely lost it?! I don't know why, it hadn't even been more than 7 minutes she was gone but I just started sobbing!!! I'm sure I made a scene, even though I wasn't being loud it was obvious I was panicking and pacing like a crazy person. I had 2 police officers come try to console me, telling me this happens all the time at these kinds of events and that she was going to be fine but it didn't help. I was a mess. After the longest 10-15 minutes of my life a lady came walking up holding my baby, you would have thought Rori Ana was gone for more than a decade when I scooped her up and started crying even more than what I was! I was so mad, so embarrassed, so relieved and so thankful! I thanked everyone for their help, went and got my popcorn and took out all my frustrations on the poor kid behind the counter and went back to our seats and cried just a little bit more then enjoyed the rest of the show. It had no effect on Rori Ana since she had ran away to go back to Mickey and that was exactly what she got. By the end of the show I had calmed back down and we said one last goodbye to the Disney characters and went home. It was a wonderful and memorable night for me. My little Rori is the most mischievous, naughty, sneaky, determined little girl and she gets in more trouble in one day than any of my other children do in a month. But I couldn't be without her, not even if its only for 15 minutes. She means the world to me.

Sorry no pictures... I forgot my camera!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy friggin crap man! That is pure craziness! I am glad you found her and that you guys had so much fun! I took Gabe to the Mickey Mouse Club House show a few years ago and he loved it :)