Saturday, March 19, 2011

My baby boy...

I want to write some things down about my little man, my pride and joy, my best friend, my sweet and only son. I feel like he kind of gets dragged around a lot. Living in house full of girls and not just any girls but really crazy, drama filled, catty, sneaky, very outspoken, mean girls. And I'm not just talking about my daughters... They get it all from me. THERE!!! I ADMITTED IT!! HAPPY?! But I also think my son gets his calm, forgiving, logical, even temper from me as well. He really is my pride and joy. So are my girls, don't get me wrong! I am proud of ALL of my babies! But there really is something about the relationship between a mother and a son. Especially when he is your only son.

First of all, Jameson is growing up WAY too fast! I cant take it. He wins most of our arguments and the ones he doesn't win he convinces me to give in anyway. He is so smart and so giving. And the more he understand things and the way life works the more he amazes me. He has such simple solutions to such complicated problems. And he makes me wonder why the rest of the world cant just get it together and think the way James does. It would make for a much better place.


He is reading so much now, and he gets so mad at me for not ever correcting his speech in the past!! Words like other, he would have said "udder" and I never told him how to say it correctly so now that he is reading he asks me WHY I would let him talk that way?! I cant help but laugh. He also reads things he shouldn't. Like how many people have died in Japan, it affects him so much and I can tell he sits and thinks about it too much. He reads about missing kids and murders and THE WAR in the paper or in books and magazines. He gets so sad about all the negativity going on in the world and I feel like he is just too young to worry about such things. I want to keep him in his happy little bubble for as long as possible. I don't want him to know how evil people really are or what the world is really about. I don't like him worrying about our soldiers in Iraq and asking why the world has to fight. But at the same time, once again, I am proud. I'm proud that he cares and that he thinks about it. Goes to show he is a good person with a good conscience.


His favorite shows right now, and in this very order, are: icarly, Americas funniest home videos (my favorite too, we love watching it together) spongebob, wipeout, minute to win it and planet earth. All of which I love, except icarly I cant do that one. He gets mad if we miss one of his shows because I have to go to the store or something. He says I ruin everything.


He loves shrimp!! This kid can put down more seafood than most adults, but shrimp is what he loves best!!! He also eats all his veggies except some squash and spinach.


He is getting all A's and B's in school and he is speaking really good Chinese now. He got to have lunch with the principal because he is a such a good student and has good attendance.


He gags at everything, he gets that from his dad. I will wipe chocolate on him and then scream and not tell him what it is just so I can watch his disgust and see him gag!! Funniest thing EVER!!


He is so fun to hang out with, always joking around and messing with me. He is always jumping out of somewhere or throwing things at me. I know it might not sound fun to you but that is my same sense of humor so I think its fun.


Our feet are almost the same size!! I can fit into his shoes, they are pretty tight but the point is I can!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN SO FAST???? Soon enough he will pass me up.


His favorite song is Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park and has been for some time now. He knows every word. But he also sings and dances... A LOT!!


He makes home videos all the time now. I don't know that I love that because you never know when he is taping you. I find videos of me in my pajamas or of me sleeping all the time. But I also find some pretty funny ones too! He likes to play jokes on people and tape it, he always gets Rory and the girls by scaring them. I love to see those ones!


Even though he is such a big boy he still crawls into my lap for a good cuddle, he still holds my hand in public and he will tolerate a kiss every now and then. He is also very patient with his sisters and I, always rolling his eyes and just following without much complaint.


He is a good boy and I love him.






2 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

What a great post, loved it! Jamison is such a stud!

Heather said...

I love all your posts. I wanna sleepover and spend a day with you guys and see all this craziness haha.