Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dancing Queen's, Young and Sweet!!

Aren't they pretty?!?! They got their dance pictures done (which cost a fortune) and they had so many other cute ones. I shouldn't even have bought the ones I did but how could I resist?




Here are my own priceless pictures I took with my sometimes blurry camera...







































Last week the girls had their dance recital, as usual I was running late. I thought I gave myself plenty of time but then one thing after another kept happening and there I was almost an hour behind schedule! We got there with out a moment to spare!! Literally!! I walked in and ran Chanel up to the front of the stage and she walked out with the rest of her dance class right then. We barely made it, but we did and that is all that matters. Right? I had to stand on the side of the stage or else I would have missed the performance which explains the weird angle of the pictures.














Chanel did her dance perfectly! She has really overcome her stage fright and she is always the leader in her dance now. I was so proud of her!!









Then it was Rori Ana's turn... Rori would not let go of my neck, she was holding on so tight I thought we were both going to pass out! After a minute I pried her hands off of me and put her in the line with the rest of her class and out she went before she had a chance to fight it. She was LIVID!!! She gave me a look like I was going to be sorry when she was finished!!!



Needless to say she took one position and stayed that way the whole time! She just stood there with her finger in her mouth glaring at me. I could tell she wanted to run over and jump in my arms then beat the crap out of me.












Still with her finger in her mouth. She didn't move once.


Then she ran off stage and guess where she wanted to be?? The safest place in the world. Her daddy's arms.











So, what do you do after you just paid a fortune for pictures, paid an arm and a leg for a big poofy dress they will only wear for 10 minutes of their life, paid a years worth of tuition so they could twirl around in circles in a school gym for 3 minutes AND that's IF they twirl at all?? You have fun with the silly outfits and you make sure you get good use out of them that's what!!!!







Ok, I know this is mean but its also a little funny too. I don't know about you, but I cant help but laugh when people fall... Only if its a little fall. Not like the kind that break something or might kill you but the kind of fall that happens when your looking at mom and dad run after you and your not paying attention to where or what your doing... This kind.



OH but don't you worry! She has sister who didn't immediately start rolling on the ground in laughter. They ran to her aid, like good little girls.






This is Chanel yelling at me to put down the camera and be responsible.



And this is Ava's concerned face. OR maybe she is thinking "What kind of parents are you??? This is what I have to look forward to??"












Yep, we will put those dresses to some good use. Not silly twirling stuff... real dangerous kind of stuff and they will still look beautiful doing it too!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

your description of the events is hilarious!! Worth more then the $2.00 per seat we paid to watch the 3 1/2 minutes! Worth every penny!!

Anthony and Christel said...

Hilarious!! Our girls are in dance too, and yes...it does cost an arm and a leg, maybe even a few more body parts too! Loved this!!