Thursday, May 19, 2011

THREE and FIVE!

Happy birthday to my 2 GIRLS!! On May 6th my little mischievous Rori Ana turned "Fweeeee!!!" It's so hard for me to believe that, it really is crazy how fast time flies by. She has caused me more headache in the short 3 years she has been alive than I could tell you. But she brings me so much joy and happiness, she makes up for her naughty behavior with her funny, witty, playful and loving personality. She makes me laugh so much everyday, even when she is being bad she has a way of making light of the situation. Nothing could bring this girls spirits down... NOTHING. Not any punishment in the world could make her hesitate from painting my walls with lipstick. Nothing could change her mind when it comes to pouring any thing that might stain all over the house. I truly do love that about her. Sometimes I wish she would understand what stress it causes mommy but even then I wouldn't change a hair on that baby's head. She is a blast to be around and when she warms up to you, you will find that she has quite the sense of humor. That is IF she warms up to you and decides your worth her time.





A few short days later... On May 10th my oldest princess turned 5! Chanel is the best big sister to her little sisters and a wonderful little sister to her big brother. She is so kind, almost to a fault!! She will do anything for anyone! She is so caring and enjoys taking care of others and helping in any way she can. She has become a really big help to me in the last year. She now puts her younger siblings in the bath and then she will take them out, put lotion on them, put a diaper on Ava and then dress both of the girls. She does dishes, cleans her room everyday, babysits (with supervision of course) and keeps everyone in line and going where they need to be going. She really is so sweet and has such a passive, loving personality. She has grown up so much, so fast and is far more mature than any other 5 year old I know. She is so smart and is doing wonderful in school and asks so many questions about so many things, she wants to everything about everything! To the point where if I don't know the answer she will tell me to "google it". She loves to learn and she loves to teach.

These 2 girls couldn't be any more different than what they are and yet all of my girls are best friends. I love to see how much they rely on each other for so much. And they admire their big brother like you couldn't believe. I have been so blessed to have had these kids (and I need to remind myself of that everyday). Turning 3 and 5 is a BIG milestone for Nelly and Rori, that means Chanel gets to go to that "big school" she has been dreaming about for the last couple years. And for Rori that means she finally gets to go to school!! She has been begging for the last year to go with Chanel and I kept telling her when she is ready, well the time has come and both of my girls are moving on to bigger and better things. I'm just not sure I'm ready to let go, though I know that no matter how tight I hold on I couldn't hold them back even if it was possible. They have way too much to look forward to.



(this is a small portion of the people that came)


Their birthday party was a success, just as it is every year. We were surrounded by family and friends and we all celebrated my girls birthdays with lots of love! Thank you to everyone who joins us in our festivities, you make it very special for us!!!

I tried my hand at making cotton candy.... Not my calling in life. It may not have been in a perfect swirl but it tasted good just the same.


I found out that Ava does NOT like it. She doesn't like the taste or texture and she especially doesn't like how it sticks to her bitty fingers.








Ava also got to hit her first pinata!! She LOVED it and caught in really quick, it was hard to stop her!!




Little cousin Oliver on the other hand did NOT like it. He was terrified of it!!


























Nelly finally got that "white puppy with a pink leash" she has been begging for since Christmas!! She was thrilled!



Rori Ana hates to be the center of attention! She will usually hide or cry, this time she hid...

In her daddy's arms of course.







After a minute she warmed up and blew out her candles

It was so much fun, now I want to take time to enjoy this next year. I hope it slows down a bit?! Doubt it.

No comments: