Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Keep on movin'

Lately I have been a pretty busy mama, nothing out of the ordinary but it has felt a little different. You see, Rory picked up a really big job for Kennecott making some sort of "mold tipper" and staircases to go on those gigantic machines they have running out there. This is a really big opportunity for him and the business. Being self employed isn't always that great, matter of fact it is usually worse. I sometimes wish he would get a 9-5 job where we get a paycheck every week and I know that he will be home that night. BUT this will all pay off, big time I hope. He already has some more work on the way from them and I know that his little "one man show" business can keep up with such a HUGE corporation like Kennecott. He works his butt off, literally. He has lost some weight because of it! He goes to work around 7 AM and comes home around 1 AM and of course between those times the kids and I are dead to the world. Its been a lot tougher than I thought not having him around. Pretty big eye opener! Props to all the single moms out there and to anyone who's husband isn't always able to be home because of work or because they are fighting for our country. You are amazing!



Anyways... I'm done bragging about my husband now and I have gone way off track. Even though we haven't been seeing much of our daddy we have still kept busy! Here are just a FEW of the things we have been up to these last 2 weeks and MORE to come as soon as I get a minute....




We went to the zoo to see all the cool dinosaurs!! The kids LOVED it!




And we have had 2 field trips to Thanksgiving Point! One for Jameson's school and one for Nelly's.









And we put Tank in a lure coursing race... HE LOVED IT! I was so proud of my fur baby and he even won a cute little bronze medal! Not too bad for his first time if you ask his proud mommy!




I also signed up Rori Ana and Nelly for summer school and we finished dance, had first grade programs, preschool graduation, parent teacher conferences, recitals and we have our last soccer game next weekend (all of which I will post about really soon!) Everything is coming to an end! My schedule is opening up more and more all just in time for SUMMER!!!






IF it ever shows up.

1 comment:

Fritzsche's said...

I love love love the pictures of Ava in your Ava being Ava post. I can't believe how much she looks like you. She is so dang cute!