Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OH Boy!! Or Girl??!!!











Rory and I went to the doctor last week for our 20 week ultra sound. It was all very exciting, even though we have been through this 4 times now!




The excitement never goes away, it is always such a relief to hear that your baby looks and sounds good and there are no problems or health issues. Not to mention you finally get just a little peek at the little person living and growing inside of you!






...Side profile of face








Here we are counting fingers and toes. On the Royce side of the family you sometimes get a few extras!!
































SOoooooOO. With our last pregnancy we didn't find out what we were having. With Jameson I did because I felt like I needed to be prepared and have everything ready. And with Chanel we did because we wanted a little girl so bad. So once we had 1 boy and 1 girl we decided it would be fun to have a little surprise! It was the most wonderful experience!! When the time came it was so overwhelming and exciting, all the anticipation of not knowing was crazy! When our little Rori Ana arrived (a whole month early!) and they yelled it was a girl I just about lost it! So we had decided we would wait to find out with this one too.... Until about a week before the ultrasound. Rory kept saying he just needed to know if we were going to have a boy. I think he just couldn't stand it because this is our LAST one. We went back and forth all week, then right as we were finishing up with the ultrasound he yelled " I HAVE TO KNOW??!!!" So after poking and prodding for a couple of minutes... there it was... Very clearly, the nurse didn't even have to tell us, we knew what we saw, we have seen it before....


GIRL!!!

It got very quiet for a moment. I saw Rory looking around, I think to make sure he would cause too much damage as he FAINTED! Okay, he never actually fainted but just about. We said thank you and just walked out without saying a word to each other. Finally we both just got the giggles so bad! I think we were both going through the same things in our head at the same time... The clothes, make up, BOYS, WEDDINGS ETC... All of our girls will at some point be in high school all at the same time. They will all be going through puberty, PMS, the mood swings, ALL OF IT! AT THE SAME TIME!!! I was so 100% positive this was a boy! The pregnancy was exactly, almost to a T the same as Jameson's. I didn't get sick, I held the baby the same, I even broke out in the same part of my face! The dreams. EVERYTHING! I had names picked out. I had outfits bought. I would have put the farm on it that this was a boy!!!!! But its not, we are indeed having another baby GIRL! I am in NO way disappointed or anything like that, I am more just terrified!? I have been raised with all boys my whole life. I know how to deal with them. I am not so good with the attitudes and the whining and the emotional roller coasters of girls. Plus... I don't share very well. I cant take it when other girls wear my clothes or uses my make up or hair things. Not to mention how to handle the fighting over boys and their clothes or silly stupid little things like that?? Our house is already Pinkified! Everywhere you look there are pink crowns, pink clothes, pink jewelry, pink dolls, PINK PINK PINK!! So now we just need to buckle our seat belts and get ready for this crazy journey we are about to endure. Im sure we will have some bad times and some awful fights, but they wont compare to seeing them all grow up together. 3 girls within 3 years from each other. I'm sure they will rely on each other for support and comfort and who knows what else?? I never had a sister but I have seen the way sisters need each other, the way they love each other and are so close. I always wanted that and now I have it. I will have 3 very best friends! To shop with and play with. The endless tea parties and the wonderful relationships I have to look forward to with my girls! I am already loving being a mom of my 2 girls, so the more the merrier!!! Plus seeing Rory with all his little princesses is the most amazing thing EVER! The way he holds them and talks to them. The way he is always so gentle and protective over his baby girls is amazing. He looks at them so differently and loves them in such a daddy, daughter way. He always stands over them and guides them in a way that only a father can. He is the most wonderful husband and father and I know that my girls are in good strong hands with him. He will raise our 3 beautiful girls to be good loving people and when the time comes and they get married they will know what to look for in a man! We were all laying in our bed the other night, James was at his Daddy Justin's so it was just Rory and the girls. I looked over at him and said who would have ever thought you would be laying in bed with 3, soon to be 4 beautiful women all laying all over you and kissing you and loving you so much?! I'm sure its not the dream he had in mind but I think he liked it better! So world get ready... HERE COMES THE ROYCE SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You found out?? I'm so excited for you! God just knows he needs to send lots of girls to your family because they turn out soooo damn cute! Oh my heck! I'm so excited though! Holy crap! You are gonna have some serious hormones in the house! But I also know it takes a special Dad to raise MANY girls....especially ones that may all be in HS together! Sisters are great! You know I have 4 sisters and no brothers and I love it! Sisters take such good care of each other....once they are all grown up! But they are so lucky to have a big brother! I did always want a big brother! James is so cute with his little sisters!
Poor James! He will need to just come hang out with Bubba since they will be the only boys in their families! We'll have a big ol testerone party for the two of them to escape all the girl hormones lingering everywhere!
Hey, maybe you should just give Rori Ana to us since Alex is so set on having a "beautiful baby with lots of hair"...that way we are for sure covered!
Look at me, can you tell I'm bored? I just wrote a blogging comment in NOVEL form!
YAY!!!!! So excited for baby Julie Royce to join your family! ...that will be her name right?

Julie said...

Ok...Julie Ana is fine too! Then we are following suit with Rori Ana

Kristi said...

How fun to grow up in the same house as your best girlfriends! You will be more prepared than ever for this one!

bella utahan said...

I was surprised you found out too- but what a great surprise it is!
so happy for more girlys!

Mommy Madness said...

Congrats! When I talked to you guys, I thought you might change your mind about finding out. It's great to be surprised, but the suspense can be too much, too.

We worry about having our 3 girls in a row, too. We already have lots of hormones in the house. It is a blessing to have them, though.

Teresa said...

I just LOVE reading your posts. You have such a great way with words. I am so excited for another little grand daughter and having all of them come play with Grandma and Grandpa. And Julie- sorry-- Evie-Teres has all ready been on the name list.

Anthony and Christel said...

First of all.... I hear you, I hear you, I hear you!!! We will have the 3 girls you are talking about as well. At least we will be going through it at the same time, maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other at that point! :) I am so excited for you guys, that is great! Congrats!!!