Thursday, June 18, 2009

30 Weeks & 5 Days along.


Ok. So I am going off of what my last ultrasound said and it set my due date back 10 days, so I am actually due on Aug. 22nd. I always feel better going off the later one because then I'm not as antsy in the end. So I am 30 weeks and 5 days. That is 215 days so far, with 65 days to go (if I go full term). When I am done with this one I will have been pregnant for about 160 weeks of my life!! That is roughly a little over 3 and a half years and its all been in the last 5 and a half years. Sorry my math isn't so great and I have probably already lost you or you may be already correcting me. You get the idea. Every pregnancy has been different in its own way, some better than others but, all just as special and magical. All a miracle. Feeling this life grow inside of you and having such a strong connection to someone you have never even seen or heard and yet closer to this little person than you will ever be again. Again, am I losing you? ANYWAY... So I have about 2 more months to go then that is it. I will never feel this again, so I wanted to put down a few things I love and even a few I hate so I can have something to remind me. Its always funny how after you have had the baby you think 'oh that wasn't bad at all'. Its Gods funny way of making sure we keep having babies. He is quick to wash a lot of the negative parts about being pregnant out of our minds. But we always remember the reward in the end. And its a gift that keeps on giving, everyday, every minute, every look, every touch. Everything. Simply put... it is truly a miracle. Nothing you can ever explain. I look forward to seeing my family together soon in its entirety. All the little pieces of our puzzle.
SOOOO here goes just a little list of goods and bads:
I love finding out I really am pregnant! Its so exciting and breathtaking but still so scary. All I can do is take a deep breath and say 'here we go baby! Be nice?!'
I love telling people I'm pregnant but, mostly Rory. Like I said before, seeing him so happy and excited makes me feel like jello inside.
I hate how my hips feel right now. I feel like a barbie that is slowly getting my legs pulled apart and at any minute they are going to detach from my torso and I will hit the floor.
I hate how sore my ribs get, I just want to massage the inside of my rib cage.
I love that I don't grow any hair anywhere except my head. I barely even have to shave. Which is a good thing because it gets a little ugly when I am trying to bend over to shave my legs.
I hate shaving when I'm pregnant. Period.
I love how Rory looks at me. Here I feel like a fat walrus trying so hard to get my fat to work with me just to move around with the grunting and the rolls and all. And yet, he still looks at me like I am beautiful, and tells me all the time. And funny thing is I really do believe he is telling the truth. In his eyes I still look good.
I hate finding something to wear everyday. Its always a battle, I cant just throw on any pair of jeans and a little T shirt. No, I have to search, stretch and pray every time I put something on that it will cover all the necessary parts of my huge body and hope it doesn't break or rip.
I love feeling the baby move. Its so neat to guess or know what little body part is where or just to have those little reminders saying I'm still here mommy!
I hate when baby is doing cartwheels at 4 am.
I love seeing the kids faces when they feel the baby move. I always have little hands on my belly and they just stare at me almost like I have some control over when it will happen.
I love when Rory rubs my belly or kisses it. Hes such a good daddy even from the very beginning.
I hate how bad my back hurts!!!
I hate how big my boobs get, I actually feel self conscious about them. Its embarrassing.
I hate the way I waddle!
I love that I can eat anything anytime and I have every right and a perfect excuse.
I love to give birth. Thankfully mine have all been way too easy! Its like its a natural high when I give birth, I cant tell whats real and what isn't. Its just too good to be true, pure euphoria. Even kind of addicting, obviously... I'm going on #4.
So that's it, this baby making factory is soon to be closed. I'm shutting down. But there are so many things to look forward to. Soon I will be holding little Ava in my arms (that is her name by the way) and I will stop having babies and focus just on raising them. It is truly a blessing. How can you doubt God when you are holding an angel?

4 comments:

Mommy Madness said...

That last sentence almost made me cry!

bella utahan said...

what beautiful words~ even the unpleasant ones!

Julie said...

Ok. That last sentence DID make me cry! I am feeling all the same things because I know this will be our last and I only have a few more days to "enjoy" it? Sounds weird, I know. I'm so uncomfortable! But this last week has been bitter/sweet! I am not sure that I am ready for it to be over.....so I totally get what you are saying! Can't believe you only have 2 months! .....Let's keep her in there for at least another month!!!!!!!

Anthony and Christel said...

Great post, and you are TOTALLY delusional because you look great pregnant or not! :) No fat anywhere, nope..none! :) I know how you feel though, I am so there with you (except on the no fat part). Cute name too by the way, one of our options is very similar to it. Ave (like as in Ave Maria). We'll see if she looks like an Ave..not sure yet. Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys, you have SUCH a beautiful family!! We love you guys!