Monday, June 29, 2009

CRAZY JAMESON!!!!!

Today was a crazy day... It started off like any other crazy day but got a little crazier around noon. My neighbors and I were sitting in my back yard watching our kids play when Jameson threw a ball over the fence into an empty field with a jogging trail running through it. No big deal, I told him to go down the trail and get it. He hopped on his bike and flew down there, got the ball and on his way back.... HE RAN INTO A MILE MARKER SIGN!!!! And of course this is the one time that he is not wearing his helmet! I think he just got on his bike without even thinking in a bit of a rush, because he is always really good about wearing helmets. I could tell immediately that he was seriously hurt, he was crying pretty loud and Jameson usually never cries, he would normally brush it off and get back up. Well... After saying a few choice words I went RUNNING out the front door and down the trail, this is the only way I can get to him without having to hop a 6 ft. fence which is not going to happen since I cant even get my butt off the couch right now unassisted. It was quite a ways away so as I am running I am thinking about how I shouldn't be running (modified bed rest) and about how I am going to go into labor at any moment. I almost thought about just calling 911 right then and there and just saving myself the time. Letting them come pick up my son, which at this time I have no idea what condition he is in, I just know its not good and letting them pick me up and take me to labor and delivery!! We were doomed!! My neighbor Gina was right behind me on her bike thinking she would be able to get there fast but HER CHAIN FELL OFF so there she was running along side me yelling at me to stop running! It was all rather funny now that I think about it. Anyway, I get there and sure as s**t, there is Jameson with blood running all down his head and face. I looked at the cut and could tell right away this was a trip to the ER. On our way back up I was trying to keep him calm and calm down myself so I didn't deliver in a Field behind my house AND call Rory to tell him to meet at the nearest hospital, Gina ended up having to take the phone because I was so out of breath I could make out anything I was trying to say. It was all just mayhem. Thankfully my neighbors watched my girls for me and I ran him to the hospital. He ended up needing 4 STAPLES in his poor head, it was too deep for stitches, the doctor said he could actually see his skull!! James chose to do it without any numbing shots because he said he "just wanted to be done with it!". He didn't want to get shots then staples, just get it over with. I couldn't be more proud, the only time he even cried was when Rory walked through the door. It was so sad, he was so good and in control until he saw his dad, I almost started crying when I saw him get so emotional over his dad getting there finally. After that they scrubbed it clean and I know that hurt and then they gave him his staples. They thought they were going to have to hold him down and they got all prepared for a good fight, they even told him he was probably going to scream. He didn't move, he just held my hand and didn't make a peep. After we were done he came home and showed all his friends his new battle wound and he seems pretty proud of it, he wouldn't even let me wash the blood off of his skull shoes because he likes it there to remind him. Of course now he will make sure to wear his helmet ALL the time, even for little runs down the trail and watch where he is going. Oh! And I am still pregnant by the way.
CAUTION: Due to the graphic nature of these pictures, don't look if you get queasy over open wounds.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

is sooooo cool that Jameson has REAL earned blood on his skull shoes! Way to go!! And so touching that he only really cried when he knew he didnt have to be strong anymore. Give him a kiss for me.

Anthony and Christel said...

Oh my goodness...poor kid!! He was really brave, and I am glad that you didn't go into labor! It is so sweet too that he didn't even cry until Rory came, it's so clear that he loves his Daddy so much! You are such a good mom Jenine, you amaze me! :)

bella utahan said...

what a crazy day for you, all in all I am glad you are still holding on o that little girl!!!

Julie said...

Jameson is such a tough kid! So glad he is ok! Wish I could've actually seen Gina running after you saying to stop running! That just paints a funny picture!