Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birthdays, bumps, bruises and being a mom...


This week was another busy one, it started with little Rori Ana's birthday...

She is 2 now!!! Or "wwooooooo" if you ask her. Sometimes she will tell people she is "fwee" but only if she thinks you will fall for it, I keep telling her not to rush because mommy cant take it. We started the birthday morning by waking her up and singing to her. Then we took her down stairs and gave her the BIG birthday SURPRISE!!! A new, shiny, purple (her favorite color) bike!!! She LOVES it!

Then we had pinkalicious pancakes! We sang again, and again, and again. Until the candles were no longer lighting!
Then we made pinkalicious cupcakes! Those were a new thing for mommy this year. I went all out and made a "tutu cupcake stand" and made pink cupcakes with pink frosting. Then we topped them off with very sparkly pink and purple sugar! They didn't turn out at all like what I was hoping for, but with 3 girls and lots of pink cupcake practice I think one day I will be able to get it down.
I also made purple letters for the girls, with the sparkliest crystals I could find. Those turned out ok, sorry I took the picture backwards?!
That night we had the grandparents over for dinner and we sang again, and again. And we all stuffed our faces with cupcakes. Rori Ana was thrilled, she had so much fun!

Then it was Mother's day. It was almost a perfect day, almost... We all played outside for most of the day.
Here are my 3 puppies, they are sooooo dang cute! I love to see them all playing!


The kids had fun playing too!

And so did mom!



That day we decided we would celebrate Chanel's 4th birthday a little early we had yummy donuts for breakfast and Chanel's favorite, scrambled eggs!

We sang AGAIN, and AGAIN...
And we ate MORE pinkalicious cupcakes!! Then Chanel got her birthday present...
The most beautiful bike EVER!!! She was SO excited, she loves it. And she loves to ride around telling EVERYONE she got a "bwan new bike for my birfday"!!




That day we also went on a beautiful bike ride along the Jordan River. It was perfect weather and the kids had a blast, especially the girls on their new bikes. We rode all the way to Grandma & Grandpa Royce's house and had a yummy Mother's day BBQ with the whole family. As we were leaving Chanel decided to go on one more spin around the circle, she decided not to listen to her daddy who told her NOT to go down the hill because it was too steep. What happens when you don't listen to Daddy????
She ran into a brick post. Luckily she had her helmet on but she still managed to get pretty banged up. She hit her forehead where she just got her stitches and got a nice big goose egg. She also bruised up her cheek and chin pretty good as well as her chest! She got a cut on her jaw, split her lip and smashed her hand so now her knuckles are all purple and swollen. She did quite a number on herself! My poor baby girl, I don't know if this is just a stage she is going through or if she has bad luck or if she is just plain clumsy but I am really hoping it stops! Something about when my little girls get hurt makes me cringe so much worse than when James does. Maybe because princess' aren't supposed to be all banged up? But I guess she is just a pretty with all her band aids, now I'm just waiting for child services to show up on my door step any minute!
I don't know where she gets it from. Really, I'm not sure????...... In all, mother's day was a pretty good one. However, I think for as much work as we do as mother's we should get more than just 1 day a year. It should be like one day a week. These kids really run me ragged, so does my husband who is the biggest kid of all. But its all worth it, every minute of it. I love being a mom, its the most rewarding job of all. They teach me something new everyday, they remind me of simple joys every minute, they really are my whole world. The reason I exist and the reason I keep on trying harder everyday. They mean more to me than I could ever express in words. Every minute slips by so fast with these little ones, no matter how hard I try to hang on. I will do my best as a mother and hopefully one day they will look back and really appreciate all my effort I give.

2 comments:

bella utahan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRLS! Happy Mother's Day Jennine! I love the cupcakes!

Fritzsche's said...

Poor Chanel. My goodness. You need to wrap her in bubblewrap.