Monday, April 6, 2009

I have done it again...

OK..... I have written and rewritten this over and over again trying to come up with some logical reason, a good excuse, a believable story, a reasonable explanation or something that will get me off the hook. But, the truth is... I have a very strong addiction. One so strong that there really is no way for me to explain myself, you will just have to see it to understand it. With this addiction I have certain triggers and on Friday someone/something hit one of my triggers. With out me even batting an eye, I ran out not thinking exactly what I was about to do. You see it is my birthday soon and I told Rory (in a very immature bratty kind of way) "This is what I want and I am not going to try to explain myself or fight it anymore.... Its my birthday and you HAVE to get it for me". He looked at me and I could see in his eye that he knew my mind was made up and there was no reason for him to fight me on it, he would just be wasting his breath. He just rolled his eyes and got in the car and said "lets go get it then..." On our way there I told myself maybe I will be able to control myself... No.... no.. Uh uh. I knew what I was doing and I didn't care, it was an impulse buy and one of my weak moments but still I didn't care. I wanted it........















So I got it. I have an addiction to dogs and I relapsed. There... I said it. Its done, and I dont feel bad either! As a matter of fact. I LOVE IT!!!!!!
He is everything I wanted and more!! And I have a feeling I'm not the only one that is a little addicted. Rory has gone above and beyond for this baby! He took him in the shower with him yesterday and made sure he used baby soap so it didn't burn the puppies eyes, then he FILED his nails so they weren't so sharp. He carries him down the stairs (because the puppy is scared) he has taught him a few new commands. He went to the store and bought treats and all new toys, he even lets the pup sleep in bed with us!!!



I know... A face only a mother could love but, I do. He is so precious!


He fits right in! Only one little problem... We haven't decided on a name! So far we have been calling him Do G (pronounced doejee). We have thrown around a few names but nothing is set in stone. So if you have any suggestions, please feel free! He is a French Bulldog so something french would be cute, as long as it isn't too.... you know.





ADMIT IT!! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SAY NO EITHER!!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ok! I'm totally confused................why is Rory wearing a suit? Did he go to church yesterday? :)

Ok, Do-g is the freakin cutest puppy I have EVER seen! Oh my heck, I have been thinking about his adorable little face ever since I got to play with him this morning.....,and those pictures of him on here are TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Seriously! He is so dang cute and fits right in. I love the Rory is especially attached...he seems like a Rory dog. they can sit and rip *$# together and still love each other deeply! :) Love him!

Fritzsche's said...

I couldn't resist him either. He is growing on me so fast and I love him already too. I may change my mind about him when he pooping on my lawn but for now I'm all love, cuddles and kisses.

Anthony and Christel said...

Very cute..but I don't know..I am saying no to ours, well..I think I am saying no. I don't know, aah! She is so sweet, I just don't know if I can do it..man I feel like crap. Well, you are a better woman than me. :) Happy Birthday!