Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jameson's BIG day at the BIG school!!


Jameson is a BIG boy now!! He started kindergarten 1 week ago from today and he is doing really well. He really likes his teacher and loves making all sorts of new friends at RECESS! He seems so grown up to me now and he sure does act like it. He has taken on a lot of new responsibilities the past couple of weeks with the new baby and school and homework and we have even started a chore list! It seems like so much for him to handle but he makes it look so easy that it make me believe I can do anything! He is such a wonderful big brother and everything I could ask for in a son. I am so proud of him!! On the first day the parents got to go into the classroom to see where their kids would be sitting and we had to do a few little assignments with them to help make them feel a little bit more at ease with it all. James didn't seem too nervous at all, once again I was the one with the butterflies in my stomach and with all these little worries in my head. At the very end the teacher read a cute but sad little story called The Kissing Hand about a raccoon that was scared to go to school so his mommy kisses his hand so he can hold on to it. By the end of the story all the mothers were teary eyed! Then the teacher had each student get up and say goodbye to their parents, one by one I saw the mothers and some of the kids start to cry, I sat there and thought I was going to be fine! I didn't even feel emotional or anything. I mean I was sad and all to see my baby growing up so fast and couldn't believe we had already hit this big milestone in our lives together but, in no way did I feel like was going to cry or anything like that. Well all of a sudden when Mrs. Bishop called on Jameson and I saw him stand up to say goodbye a floodgate of tears opened!!?? I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet!! Here I thought I was doing fine and so was he and this was going to be so much easier than I had ever imagined and I was COMPLETELY WRONG!! It was like it had just hit me as soon as he stood up that this was it, from here on out come Jr. high, High school and then one day he will be gone at some college somewhere!! I wasn't ready!! This was so much more than just a goodbye, I was saying goodbye to my baby and hello to all these grown up things I wasn't ready for!! He came up and said "goodbye mom, I love you, have a good day". I told him in a very shaky voice that I loved him too and I would have a good day and he will too. Then I told him I was so proud of him and he told me "I'm very proud of you too mom". Of course after that I just burst into tears and had to practically run out of there before I had a total meltdown right there in front of his entire classroom!! I think I was worse than a lot of the parents in there! So much for holding it together.

So he has gotten his first week of school over with without any bumps or complaints. He is doing wonderful and I have gotten used to the idea that my oldest baby is now growing up.





1 comment:

bella utahan said...

WOW!!! Looks fun, maybe I should go back!