Monday, November 30, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


First of all... Our Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to my mom's house a couple of days before since she would be out of town on Thanksgiving day. It was delicious and so nice to sit around a yummy meal visiting with family. Rory and I somehow got stuck on the kids end of the table, I'm sure because most of the kids on that end were ours! It was so fun to see them all playing around, a friend of ours' little boy, Nitrous, couldn't decide what to eat first?! What a dilemma! I don't blame him it was all so good. Then on Thanksgiving day we went to Rod & Teresa's where we got to choose from 2 turkeys! One was cooked in the oven (Teresa's) and was so good and juicy! And the other was smoked (Rod's) and it had so much flavor! Both were amazing and as always dinner was fabulous! That weekend, along with most everyone else I'm sure, we put up Christmas. I buy new things every year forgetting all the stuff I ALREADY have! So this year we had an abundance of decor. Christmas it pretty much the only holiday I decorate for so I make up for all the $ I would be spending on just Christmas stuff. And as usual we still have 3 or 4 bins downstairs of stuff I probably wont even crack into. Anyway, it was so nice this year to have so many little helpers! Even little Ava got in on the action! She was laying in the middle of the living room and grabbing for any tree decoration she could and of course once we turned on the tree she was in a trance for about 45 min after. She loved all the fun lights. Rory went outside and put lights up everywhere and the kids set little stuffed animals and things all through out the house, all I had to do this year pretty much is just give direction. I barley had to lift a finger!

Our tree this year has some little random decorations but, the kids had a blast!


Jameson lost his tooth! And his other one is loose, looks like we know what he will be asking for! All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth!




Rory's sisters, his mom and I all made some really cute Christmas blocks this year. They turned out great thanks to them for the their creativity and to Rory for helping me with most of it. The Royce fam is very talented in that department!



I didn't get a chance to go around and get pictures of all the decorations but here are a few...





3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh it looks so so cute! I need to come see it! Wow! You really did go all out! It looks so festive! fa la la la la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritzsche's said...

I love your deco! Good job! I still need to get mine out and finish the lights on my house and get a tree and all that jazz but I do have some of my shopping done and wrapped but no tree. Crazy.

bella utahan said...

Tis the season!! Your house looks great! Makes me homesick!