Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Little Liars!!

This morning Jameson and Nelly woke up and ran downstairs to say goodbye to daddy and turned on the cartoons just like they do every morning. Except this morning was extra special for me because BOTH babies slept ALL night and were STILL sleeping at 7 am!!! So I took total advantage and laid in bed until they woke up. I was so happy because the 2 older ones were being so quiet, extra quiet... too quiet. After about 30 minutes of extra rest I finally walked down stairs. I noticed Jameson and Chanel all huddled up over something. I asked what they were doing and they must have jumped about 2 ft. in the air! So I walk over and see their little Valentine boxes there. I told them I really hoped they weren't eating candy, especially that EARLY in the morning. They both insisted they didn't eat any and that they were just playing with their empty candy boxes. So I said ok, and I totally believed them. Since my kids usually don't team up like that and usually don't lie at all. Plus every piece of candy in this house is about 8 ft up on the very highest shelf in our pantry tucked away in a basket (I don't like candy). Then I walked into the kitchen and saw some candy wrappers in the GARBAGE!! I then asked if they were sure they hadn't eaten any. Still they insisted and BOTH of them said they had found those in the box and Chanel said some were behind one of the couch cushions. Again, I was fooled, how could they be so smart? To come up with such a good little story and BOTH of them stick to it right? Wrong. Then I looked closer at Chanel... in her hair was a piece of CANDY!! STUCK!!! I looked at them and said I am going to ask one more time if you guys got into the candy. If you did I will ask you not to do that again and that will be that. If your lying and I find out it will be much worse. SO? Again, they INSISTED they hadn't. Then I pulled the one trick that always works... Well, even if I don't know God does! Immediately the guilt came across their faces and they confessed. James said, "well we didn't know you wouldn't want us to eat it??" Chanel said "and I fought since you were sweeping I could get my own beckfast??" I told them they had their chance and they still lied and that they were in trouble for lying NOT for eating the candy! I sent them to their rooms and called Daddy. After about 5 minutes I called them down and sat them at the table and THREW DOWN THE BIG, HUGE BASKET OF ALL OF THE GOODIES THEIR LITTLE HEARTS COULD EVER WANT! And saw their BIG grins and excitement. I handed them both a grocery bag and told them to put all the candy in their bags until it was all gone. They went nuts grabbing and picking all the candy. I could hear them saying things like "oh this one is my favorite." "this is sooooo good!" "I haven't had one of these!!" "I love this!!". After they were all done and drool was dripping from their little faces I told them to march their little butts out to the garbage cans and throw the bags in there. THEIR FACES JUST DROPPED!!! They were devastated!! You could actually see the pain and hesitation when they let the bags go into the cans!! It was the saddest thing I ever did see but I was so disappointed in them!! So now we don't have not 1 piece of candy in our house. And all day the kids have been so down. They keep asking when they will ever be able to have another piece of candy. I told them they will have to wait for the Easter bunny....

3 comments:

Teresa said...

sooo sad :(t

bella utahan said...

good for you sticking to the punishment! Poor little ones!

Amy E. said...

That really is so sad, but I admire your ability to "stick to your guns".