Wednesday, May 6, 2009

**** HaPPy BiRThdaY RoRi AnA!!! ****

One year ago, right at about this EXACT time I was calling Rory to tell him my water had broke and our baby was coming and coming FAST! We didn't know what we were having so my bag was a little big, prepared with boy clothes, girl clothes, unisex clothes etc. And only one very tiny, itty bitty preemie shirt I had stuck in a couple of nights before this because I had a very strong feeling this baby wasn't going to wait until June 4th. So after shaving, doing some laundry and making sure the other 2 kids were taken care of we were off to the hospital. We got there about 2:30 and I told the nurse she should call my doctor because I was ready to push (of course she thought I was crazy and made me wait in the waiting room and never did get around to calling my doctor!) By 4:45 my baby GIRL was here!!! She was so tiny but perfect in every way. She weighed in at 5 lbs 13 oz. almost half the size of my first born. We were so thrilled to have her! Everyday she brings a smile to all of our faces, every time I look at her I still melt. She is such a sweet and sensitive little person that has so much to offer to this world. I love everything about her and feel so blessed to have her. She loves her family so much and she shows it to all of us all the time. I still cant believe it has been a year!? Time really does fly when your having so much fun! I just want to list a few things about her that I want to remember.... (you can skip this it might get kind of long)
I love how when she gets tired she will stick her fingers in her ears.
When she sleeps she will rub her blankies on her face.
When I ask for a kiss she always gets such a serious face and then leans in really slowly and gives the softest, perfect little kiss I have ever had. Like something on a movie.
How she yells at everyone and everything!
She screams every time I put her in her car seat like we haven't done it a million times before.
Watching her DANCE!!! She can dance like nobodies business!
She loves music, it always makes her happy.
When she gets sad she will pout about it forever and milk it for all its worth.
When she gets hurt its the end of the world!
She jumps at everything! She was even like that in the womb! She is constantly getting scared by some loud noise!
She is so ticklish.
How she twirls her hands and feet.
She squeaks!!! When she was a newborn she would do it and people couldn't figure out what it was. She still does it all the time but now everyone knows where its coming from!!
Her hugs. She squeezes so tight!
How she always wants to cuddle.
She always wakes up laughing.


Okay I could go on forever. I just don't ever want to forget anything about her. She is so special!! As I type this I can hear her upstairs waking up from her nap, calling me in her own little baby language she has. She is so happy and ready for anything!

Happy birthday baby girl! You made it a whole year, and in this family that is not the easiest thing to do. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. I love you Rori Ana!!

3 comments:

bella utahan said...

we wish you so many great moments today!!! Happy 1st of many fantastic ones!!!

Teresa said...

Sweet Tribute,Jennine. Happy birthday beautiful little RoriAna

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Rori Ana! I love you and miss seeing you every day! ...Jennine, I can't believe how tiny she was. You forget those things...Ugh, she is so freakin cute though! She has been such a good baby for you!!!