Thursday, February 26, 2009

Goodbye Louie & Lilly!!!

As most of you all know, I have been raising my Lola's babies because she wasn't able to pull through after giving birth. These past 6 and a half weeks have been such a whirlwind of emotions!! Right after Lola died I told Rory I DID NOT want these puppies and to take them to the vet and hand them over. I didn't want to raise them, even though I have hand raised so many different other animals in my life, these 2 were different. I didn't want to constantly have these little reminders around me that my Lola really was gone! Of course Rory told me no and to get to work. A few days later I found that I DID NOT want to let them go!! I then wanted any little piece of Lola I could hold on to and here were 2 living breathing parts of Lola and I couldnt have felt closer to her than if she were actually there. The following weeks were just a blur. There were days that I was a complete zombie from waking up every 2 hours to feed them and days that I was so frustrated because for one reason or another I couldn't get them to eat or go potty or keep warm or keep from getting sick!! I have bought every puppy formula and made every concoction under the sun and bought every dog bottle and baby bottle to make sure they were eating enough. I have learned so much from these 2, mostly a lot of patience!! I have loved them like they were my own little babies. But we have decided it would be best if we sold them to homes where they will get the love and attention they will need forever. In about 5 months I will have ANOTHER baby and it will start all over again just a little different because this will be my actual child. I wont be able to give these pups the proper training and everything they will need. I am running crazy as it is and it is only going to get crazier!! I will be big and pregnant chasing a 1 yr. old soon and still trying to keep up with my 5 & 2 yr. old! There is NO way I could keep up with 2 puppies as well. So last night Louie went to his new home with his new family and Lilly will be going to her new home tomorrow. I couldn't have asked for better homes for these guys!! Louie went with his new mommy Gina and the best part is SHE LIVES NEXT DOOR!!!! That's right just 25 ft away from me Louie is there playing with his new family! I am going to be honest and admit that it has been torture stopping myself from running over there just to give him a quick kiss but I wont! He needs to bond with his new family and home. It will be so exciting watching him grow and seeing what he does and who he turns into all from my front window! Just far enough that I don't have to clean up after him! And Lilly will be going home with her new mommy Amber who has loved her since before Lilly even entered this world. She too will live close by and I will be able to see her occasionally. I am so excited to know that they will be going to loving caring homes. Thanks you guys!!!! And give them kisses for me everyday!!



Here are just a few pictures to remember...







Seconds after they were born!


Days after they were born...



Weeks after they were born...


With Mommy!

I WILL MISS YOU GUYS!!!


5 comments:

Losinthisdangfat said...

They were some very cute little puppies!

Fritzsche's said...

I wanted to cry reading that and seeing pics of Lola. I miss her and look out my kitchen window everyday and think of her. I promise I will take good care of Louie and I will love him probably too much!

Royce's said...

Thanks Gina!

Julie said...

So me and Bubba are both crying. He just saw the picture of Lola and got sad and said, "I'm so sad that Lola died!" You have been the greatest mom to those pups! They would not have had a chance with anyone else! I'm glad Louie is close so that you can see him a lot! And if it doesn't work out at Gina's, we'll keep Louie! Haha Gina! I wish! He is too dang cute!!!!!!!

bella utahan said...

so sweet! I am happy that they have great homes- and that Louie is so close- did they change his name??