Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday to Rory!!


I am so late blogging this but, better late than never. We have just been a little busy is all, okay... now I feel even worse because I feel like I just said I'm too busy for Rory.

Anyway!! June 27 was Rory's birthday!! He turned 25 this year!! It is so hard to believe that for me because I have known Rory since he was only 4 feet tall and only 13 or 14 years old!! He has grown and matured so much since I first met him, not just physically because now he totally towers over me when it used to be the other way around but, thank goodness he has matured just a little bit mentally and emotionally too. He is a wonderful husband and father. He provides for his family and not just financially but he contributes to our family's emotional, spiritual, physical and mental well being. He is our protector and not just by keeping us safe but by protecting our self esteem and self worth. He is our leader and our best friend. He loves his family so much and we love him. I could never say enough about him, he truly is the most kind hearted, caring, wonderful man ever. He deserves every birthday wish! So keeping with the #25, here are 25 things I love about him:

1. I love his laugh. He sounds like scooby dooby doo!

2. I love his eyes and the way he looks at me. I have never met someone that carries all their emotion in their eyes. You can tell exactly the way he is feeling when you look at them. They are beautiful too! So blue.

3. I love how genuine he is. He tells you how it is and what he thinks. But at the same time would never say it in a way to hurt anyone or ever make them feel bad.

4. I love that he can fix anything!! Nothing ever goes to waste or is ever not in working condition. He is so smart and can figure out ANYTHING!! He can look at anything and find a way to improve it, and he does.

5. I love to see him with our kids, he is so much like a kid himself so he knows how to have fun. He loves to play and isn't afraid of making a fool of himself. He is the best daddy ever.

6. I love his forearms?? Weird I know, but it really is my favorite part of his body. They are so strong and big. You cant help but feel safe in them.

7. I love that he is a total goofball. He says the most random things! They usually don't make any sense because he has no idea what he is talking about but he tries to act like he does. It is so funny! Sometimes he will try to use big words or a word he doesn't know and it just doesn't work out the way he wants them to. My favorite is when he yelled at me for driving "erotically" instead of erratically! Or when we rented The Duchess and he asked why we rented the "douches". Things like that are always coming out of his mouth. He keeps me laughing all the time!

8. I love that he is so organized. He keeps me organized and I need all the organization I can get.

9. I love that he would rather spend our money on toys or the smaller things than have a big huge house or fancy things. He know that happiness is most important in life. Traveling and playing come before name brand. He is really smart with money, thank goodness because I LOVE to spend $$$$$$! If it weren't for him, we would be in major debt!

10. I love that he loves his family so much. He is so proud of his parents and siblings and us. He talks very highly of them and has so much respect for all of us. I am so proud to stand next to him.

11. I love that he loves to make other people happy.

12. I love that he is always the first to volunteer to help anyone. Even if it is a really hard or tough job. He will do it if it will help someone out.

13. I love what a hard worker he is. There are times that I tell him to just leave it and he wont. He will work until it is done and done right.

14. I love when he tries to yell. He is always so mellow so when he tries to be mean its almost just funny. He cant be mean, the kids just look at him with a weirded out look on their face. I think they can tell its all show.

15. I love how giving he is. He will give anything to anyone.

16. I love how loyal he is. He is loyal to the end for his true friends and family.

17. Ok. I don't know if I love this. But he over thinks everything. Its good because if it were up to me we would just be wingin' it but he really keeps us grounded and thinks everything through. Its a good thing MOST of the time.

18. I love that I love him enough to write 25 things I love about him!

19. I love that he isn't judgmental. He give everyone a chance and benefit of the doubt (not always a good thing).

20. I love that he loves animals. He tries to pretend like he doesn't so that we don't go overboard because believe me we would! But he really does have a love for animals! Again, he just thinks things through before he lets me bring home any odd animal.

21. I love that he has a love for life. He soaks it all in!

22. I love that he has the ability to calm me down and rile me up! He can say the smallest thing that he knows will get me going and yelling then he will say something to fix it and settle me down in an instant. Usually he is calming me down after someone else riles me up though.

23. I love that is so caring. I am awful and sometimes will have an attitude like who cares. He cares, and he makes me care.

24. I love how daring he is. He is always trying to pull off some crazy stunt!! He is crazy!!

25. I love everything about him, even the things I hate about him I love. He is his own person and such a good man. He really balances me out, without him I am completely unbalanced!! He is my perfect other half, soul mate, friend, lover and teacher. All I need in life he holds. As I write this I am a little teary eyed because I can truly say I found that one other person that will always make me happy. I am so lucky and blessed to have him.

I love you LEROY!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

What a devoted wife! Happy birthday to your husband!

Julie said...

I absolutely love how you LOVE Rory! He is such a great guy! He would do ANYTHING for anyone! Hilarious about his laugh....it is totally scooby doo!! And the driving "erotically" is so damn funny I can't stand it!
Happy Birthday Crazy Rory!!!

Teresa said...

I "HEART" this post!!!!