Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update on Ava

Ava had low blood pressure when we came in, she couldn't eat very well on her own, she had jaundice and trouble breathing on her own. Well... we are happy to say that her blood pressure is now perfect, she is now eating at least an ounce every 3 hours (that's great for how small she is) she has been taken off of her lights and is breathing "room air" all by herself!! We are so close to coming home we can taste it! We have been here for 4 days now and have seen a lot of babies come in and not near as many go out. We have met other parents here and some have been here for over a month. I couldn't even imagine!! I am dying already and feel so blessed that we are even this close. The day before I went into labor Rory coincidentally bought this old camper to resell, well we are now camped out in the hospital parking lot so we can come in every 3 hours to feed and hold Ava. We cant wait to come home and share her with the rest of her family and friends!! More to come soon, and pictures!!

5 comments:

Losinthisdangfat said...

I'm so glad that your baby Ava isdoing better. She's a beautiful little baby girl, and I'm so excited for you and Rory that you have her in your family! She'll be out of there before you know it!

Marci said...

I can not believe that you already had her!! Wasn't it the day before that we were sitting in your driveway and you were saying that you thought she had decided she wouldn't come til after her due date???! I am so glad to hear that things are going well and that you will be home soon! Can't wait to come take a peek at her! Let me know if I can come get your other kids to play (Ellie keeps asking about Chanel)...or take Jameson to school when it starts!! Hang in there!

Kristi said...

I can't wait to meet little Ava! I'm sure she is a doll. Your news about her coming home soon is great!

bella utahan said...

I love her so much already! It is good that you can camp out in the parking lot! Stay positive- see you soon!

Julie said...

Oh I am so glad she is doing good!! She is beautiful! I went on Teresa's blog the other day and she is beautiful! Does she look more like Chanel? So glad things are looking up! We love you guys!