Saturday, July 18, 2009

Welcome Sweet Baby Ava...

~Ava Lyn Royce~

7.15.2009


Ava arrived on Wednesday at 9:06 pm. It all started around 2 pm that day when I called Rory to tell him I was in labor. I was really hoping I was wrong but when Rory got home around 2:30 my water broke. We came in to the hospital and after a short while I was dilated to a 5. I had Ava 20 minutes later!!! They told me that my cervix was still thick and I was only at a 5 so that it would be a while, I think I was pushing by the time she was done saying that. Ava came out screaming and weighed in at 5 lbs 7 oz. The kids and I got a quick hello and then she was taken to NICU where she has been since. She is doing well, all were working on now is eating, at only 34 weeks gestation they don't have the want or the skills to eat too well. Other than that she has overcome a lot of other little obstacles, she is strong and beautiful. We don't really have a date yet on when she will be able to come home but hopefully it will be soon! I will go into more detail later when I have a little more time on my hands (that will be in about 18 yrs) and let you all know how she is doing. Until then keep her in your prayers and in your hearts. Thank you so very much!


You can go to my mother in laws blog if you want to see some pictures Rodney & Teresa's Blog. I will post some more pictures later...

2 comments:

bella utahan said...

We love you and are happy that she is here!!! See you on Wednesday- I am willing to take your kids and help out however I can!

Julie said...

I'm so glad you posted this! We have been praying for you and baby Ava! Please let us know if there is anything we can do !!! WE love you!