Saturday, December 13, 2008

IT'S TWINS!!!!


That's right!!! I am the soon to be, proud GRANDMA of two little puppies!!! I took our little Lola in yesterday for an ultrasound and they saw 2 very tiny, itty bitty, extremely fast little heart beats! The vet says that these puppies are going to be so small! He has never seen anything like these two before! He said he really wants to see them right after they are born. That would make about the 100th person who wants to be there either while they are being born or in the "waiting room" which will be our living room. Anyway, the puppies look healthy and so does mommy! Her due date is January 10th! I just cant wait!! If you know me at all, puppies, or any baby animal for that matter is like a drug to me! I just cant get enough of them!! I am completely addicted!! So to know that soon I am going to have 2 of my little granddoggies running around is just too much!! I will let you all know how she is doing (since I'm sure you are all just as excited as I am!!). Rory says I'm nuts, but I know he is just as excited! He called my twice while I was in the waiting room to see what the vet said and then as I was leaving! And he was the one who wanted a Yorkie in the first place! He just doesn't like to admit it, so I know he is quietly counting down the days with me!! Here are some cute pictures of mommy to be!




I had to shave her stomach so when the puppies get here they don't get hairballs! She looks kind of dorky right now.



I took pictures of her next to a can because that is how most breeders take pictures of Yorkie's, just so you can get an idea of their size.



8 comments:

Julie said...

I still can't believe little Lola is going to be a mommy! She is so incredibly TINY! And that first picture of her is so cute! I love her tongue sticking out! I can't wait to see those puppies! I'm glad you have invited me only to the birth! It is really so thoughtful of you! :) :) No, but I can't wait to see them! And can't wait to see cute little Lola as a mommy!!! You should be so excited! I am gonna start calling you Granny Neenie!

Anthony and Christel said...

How exciting!! She is very adorable! Are you going to keep the puppies?

Royce's said...

No I dont plan on keeping the puppies. But who knows? Maybe...

GoddessNMommy said...

How big is the daddy doggie? If I was going to get a dog I would totally go with a teacup yorkie (or a tiny teacup), they are so cute, and hypo allergenic I believe. I hope all goes well in puppy land.

Fritzsche's said...

Lola is so freaking cute and I can't wait to see her puppies. I wish I could be there too. You'll have to send me a text or something. I'm sure she'll want some time to herself though.

Kristi said...

I love the maternity picture! Maybe we should throw her a shower and do a belly cast :D. Did you get an ultrasound picture? You should post it if you did.

Royce's said...

The Daddy of our little babies is only 2 lbs 14 ounces! (Mommy is 3lbs. 5 ounces) So the puppies will be 3 lbs or smaller. And yes they are hypo allergenic!! They also dont shed, Kinda nice! I didnt get a print off of the puppies! I was very dissapointed, but this is one of the few vet offices that has an ultrasound machine and they dont have a way of printing off the photos yet!! Dangit! Im sure they dont get crazy people like me in very often.

bella utahan said...

so, really there is a chance that Lola and I could give birth the same day! How is she doing?? Sleeping a lot?