Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Soon to be a MOMMY!

Our sweet little Lola is 7 weeks pregnant today! We are so excited to see those little puppies! I am getting so nervous, I can imagine how she feels! The puppies are going to be so tiny, so this is all going to be a little more risky than if it were a larger breed dog. Starting next week I will have to take her temp (don't ask how) 3 times a day. Once the temp drops below 98 degrees that means the puppies will be here within 24 hrs. We have her "delivery room" ready with all of the supplies we might need! That includes Her whelping box (or delivery bed) dental floss for their belly buttons, latex gloves in case I need to assist in pulling a pup out, heat pads to warm the puppies (they HAVE to stay very warm!) , rags, towels, a little bulb to suction, little bottles in case they cant latch on right away etc. I am going to try to sit out of as much as I can but like I said this is going to be a little bit of a risky delivery. I am as prepared as I can be. Worse case scenario, I will have to rush her to the vet and they will do an emergency c section. Lets hope for the best for her. I am also very excited to have 2 little puppies in our home!! I will let you know how it is going for the next week. We should have puppies by Jan 14th!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE! I cant wait!!














4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh her tiny tummy is getting big! I can't believe they will be here so soon! I'm so excited! I'm so jealous that you get to stick a thermometer up your dogs pooper 3 times a day for the next while! What fun!

bella utahan said...

what a big belly!!! Looking forward to the puppies!!

Fritzsche's said...

I can't wait for your chewed up gum in August! That is so exciting and so funny that Jameson called it chewed up gum. Hilarious. Can't wait for those puppies. Hope everything goes ok.

Bekah said...

I have just been waiting to hear when she goes into labor, she is so cute pregnant!!! Hope everything goes well!