Friday, October 24, 2008

Any Advice?

Okay, so James is obsessed with death?! It started around the time our Grandma Lova passed, we started kind of talking to him about it so when she did he would better understand. I told him if he follows the right path and does what God asks of him he would go to heaven and be with all the people he loves and he would be so happy dancing on clouds etc. Then I made the mistake of telling him he would get wings... This is what he had to say " Wait, Mommy YOU GET WINGS??!! I want to diiiiee, Please mom can I die?" I tried telling him that, that was not what this was about and that he would only have wings because he would be an angle and then get back to the subject but he rudely interrupted me..." Mom! Just let me die! I want wings and I want to go with Grandma Lova!" After about a half an hour of me telling him it wasn't up to me and that I would never let him die, I just kind of walked away from the conversation since we were going nowhere. And at Grandma's funeral that was all he was talking about is how she got to go to God and now she has her wings. Well, here and there over the past while he has made little comments like " When is God going to let me die? When will I go see him?" And I always tell him I just don't know. Then the other day he out of the blue he said " Mom when is Gina going to die?" Again I answered with I don't know, Gina is our next door neighbor and she has twin boys James' age so they are the very best of friends. He said " Well, when she dies can I have Tanner and Tyson and you can keep baby Kenyon?" I told him I didn't think Gina was going to die anytime soon, but to ask her. And again it went back to let me die I want my wings and to go be with God. Then this morning he came down and as he was eating his breakfast he very calmly said " I think I died last night, and I saw God." I said oh what a wonderful dream " No mom, it wasn't a dream. I really did die, I did." I said well, thank goodness you came back, I couldn't live without you, his reply " Well, I'm going to die soon. I'm done with my breakfast!" And he got up and left the table. What the heck is that???!! I'm lost!

No comments: