Friday, October 24, 2008

My Baby Boy is Growing Up!!

Today is Jameson's 5th birthday. I have been staring at him all day trying so hard to picture him as a baby again and all I see standing in front of me is a big boy saying "mommy, what?". I am so sad to see that he has gotten so big and no matter how hard I try, time will never go back! I cant ever hold him like I could when he was so little or hear his little voice trying so hard to talk but he just couldn't make the words out yet. I think it might be especially hard just because he is my first and I experienced all my first time mommy moments with him! All my first amazing moments and major freak outs of my life I shared with him. But, I also need to remember that I have a lot more coming!! Everyday is so wonderful with James in it and I thank God everyday to have such a great little man in my life. Anyway.... last Saturday we had Jameson's Birthday party, and it was a hit! I live in such a close wonderful neighborhood, we have only 9 houses in the circle and 23 kids, the oldest I believe is 12 and we had almost everyone there! We rent a bounce house every year because I am really no good at entertaining the kids and keeping them busy. But this thing is great! And at the end of the day they all go home so exhausted from bouncing all over the place all day. James had a lot of fun and so did the rest of the kids. We did a pinata which was a lot of fun, nobody does those things anymore? And a really messy cupcake, cake and lots of candy! Thank you to all of our neighbors for coming and for being so great with my kids!

No comments: