Friday, October 24, 2008

Too Funny!

So today Jameson decided he would provide all the neighborhood kids with lunch. He got into the fridge we have in the garage and took out a lunchable for every one of his friends (so thoughtful). When my neighbor Gina and I found them on the side of our house, hiding I'm sure, I told him to go up to his room and that he was in trouble! He knew why, he knows better than to do things like that. When I came in the house about 10 minutes later I was picking up my disaster of a living room when he came and grabbed my hand and said " we need to talk". He took me into the office and I found myself getting nervous like I was the one in trouble! We had this big long talk about how when I get mad I cannot yell at him, and he shouldn't have to stay in his room for so long and that I always tell him he should share and that was what he was doing so I really shouldn't be mad. I just sat there and listened to him because I thought that it was so grown up of him to sit me down and calmly explain the way he saw things, I think I was a little amazed and proud of how he handled himself. At the very end I explained to him that he knew what things were okay to share and that he knew better and we both decided I cant yell and he wont do naughty things and we hugged and ended the conversation. Well... 5 minutes later I saw him walking by me a little fast with something behind his back, so I calmly said Jameson what are you up to? He said "don't worry mom, I got it all handed" I asked him what he had "handed". And he turned around and said, " I thought you understood not to get mad at me! That is it!" So again I just said what are you doing? He told me that he had broken the lizards home and he was going to fix it with scotch tape, then he told me " If we have to have another talk, I'm going to be sick of it." I just told him to mind his mouth and not to forget who was the mother and who was the child and to leave the tape. He quietly set the tape down and turned around and said " don't even say it, Ill just go to my room now". Well then Chanel who was sitting on the counter listening to all this told me "Mom... you... so... MEAN!!!!" And she ran upstairs and slammed her door shut! I cant believe these kids! I ran up there and told them both to quit being so dramatic, not that they even understand what that is, and went to my room to throw my own fit. I really don't know where they learn this stuff... ME!!!!

No comments: