Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Weekend!

So last week Rory kind of decided last minute that we were going to Moab for a race they were having so James could race. I told him that would be fine, but we had lent our camping trailer to his sister for that weekend and we would have to get a hotel. Well, I had no idea it was UEA weekend and every single hotel was completely booked out, right down the the most roach infested nasty ones! So I told him we would not be able to make it this weekend... For those of you who don't know Rory, he just wont take no for an answer! He WILL find a way to make it work!! I love that about him. So come Thursday and I am thinking we are not going because it was to late to get a room, until I hear what sounds like a train blowing a horn in my driveway. I go running out there and I find this...




I couldn't believe it! What am I saying? Yes I can. He once brought me home a new car too! But luckily we didn't own this one. He had rented it from a friend who owns a car lot. This thing costs as much as a house so I wouldn't want the payment. But after I found out he hadn't bought it I was so EXCITED!! Woo Hoo! We got to go all the way to Moab, 4 hours in the motor home! It was so fun! It felt like we were driving a bus. And to see peoples reactions when we would stop somewhere was even more fun. I felt like I should tell everyone we didn't own it, like we were liars! This motor home is like the Cadillac of motor homes. It was awesome! Here are some fun pictures of our trip...





The kids had a blast looking out the windows and watching all the people drive by, they were making silly faces but nobody could see them. Don't tell them that.



Lola made herself comfortable on the dash. She kind of freaked out at first because she couldn't tell there was a window to stop her from falling. I always told Rory that I wanted a motor home so I could put my dogs on the dash, he made my dreams come true!


Here is Rory's co-pilot Tweeder!


Here is Rory, He was having so much fun driving that enormous thing! I was a little nervous.


Here is what Rori Ana did pretty much the whole time. Nice!


Isn't he the cutest little racer? I love him!

Here they are at the starting line! I love to see all the dads sitting on these little tiny bikes making sure everything is just right and bent over telling the kids they are going to do great! I love to see them coach. It is also funny to see them running up and down the track chasing their kids in case they fall, Rory comes back to the trailer every time exhausted!

Here is James trying to intimidate his competitor. Scary huh? I always get so nervous when he goes out for his first race! My stomach goes in knots, especially when he wrecks and doesn't get up right away! Ughh!


Jameson's little cheerleader. GO JAMES!!!



He almost went down here! Whew! that was a close one, good save!




Chanel always gives James high five and says " Good job Janeson!"



I stuck Rori Ana on the dash so she could see what was going on. She loved it! People would stop and laugh and wave, she was so entertained.


Here he is bobbing for apples motocross style! They had to race to the bucket and take off their helmets and bob an apple then race back! James was super fast!



Here is my dad, still going strong! He has been racing for forever! I don't even know how many years but if I had to guess I would say 13 yrs. or so. Everyone knows " Alba Racing"



Here is my youngest brother Sebastian, he has been racing off and on his whole life. He did great!



Here is the oldest of my 4 brothers Steven, he got put on his first bike at 3 yrs old. I had one more brother racing but he went down during practice and decided not to race for the day.



Such a little boy on such a fast bike and a huge track! I wish I was as brave as him!



So there is our weekend. It was so fun! I love to watch all the boys in my family out there racing and then to see my little boy following in there footsteps makes me so proud. Jameson got on his first motorcycle at 2 yrs. old! Its in our blood.

No comments: